On October 5, 2020, the Village Board approved changes to winter parking regulations in Whitefish Bay. The proposed overnight parking changes only affect winter overnight parking, which is enforced from 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. from December 1 through March 31. Vehicles still need to abide by all other parking regulations for the location in which they are parked. An overnight parking permit does not supersede time zone restrictions or other restrictions on a block, and vehicles with overnight parking permits must be moved once every 24 hours. The changes to overnight parking regulations are as follows:
- Free Nightly Parking Permission: Starting in 2021 each license plate gets 25 free parking nights per calendar year (increased from 15). You can request this free nightly permission to park on any street in the Village. In the winter, parking shall be in front or across the street of the residence making the request based on even/odd date (see below). Request free nightly parking at the following webpage: https://parking.wfbvillage.org/
- Overnight Monthly Parking Permit: Monthly permits can now be purchased for any street in Whitefish Bay, no longer requiring vehicles to be parked in pre-designated areas. In the Winter, parking shall be in front or across the street of the residence making the request based on even/odd date (see below).
- Where Do I Park in the winter (12/1/20 through 3/31/20)? Alternative Side - Even/Odd – Parking: In the winter, monthly permit holders and free nightly permissions will be required to follow alternate side parking. Vehicles should park on the even-numbered side of the street with an even calendar date before midnight, and on the odd-numbered side of the street on those nights with an odd calendar date before midnight (unless an exemption applies). Vehicles with monthly overnight parking permits must be moved once every 24 hours.
- Where Do I Park in the spring, summer, and fall (4/1/21 through 11/30/21)? In the spring, summer, and fall, monthly permit holders and free nightly permissions will be required to park directly in front of your residence (unless an exemption applies). Vehicles with monthly overnight parking permits must be moved once every 24 hours.
- Overnight Monthly Permit Cost: Permits cost $30.00 per month. Permits are available to purchase online beginning at 5:00 a.m. on the 15th of the month for the next month. Permits are available for sale in person during police administration hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and online 24 hours per day at the following webpage: https://parking.wfbvillage.org/. If the permit is purchased after the 15th of the month, the fee is reduced to $15.00.
- How many months can I purchase at one time? Beginning December 15, 2020, you may purchase up to 12 months of overnight parking at a time within the 2021 calendar year. You cannot purchase a permit for 2022 until December 15, 2021.
- Refunds will not be offered for permits purchased and subsequently not needed. A permit can be transferred to a new vehicle.
What if my parking is already limited to one side of the street and/or my residence borders Glendale? In these circumstances, you would be allowed to park directly in front of your residence year-round with a monthly overnight parking permit. However, an overnight parking permit does not supersede time zone restrictions or other restrictions on a block. The Village will work with residents on a case-by-case basis for other unique circumstances. In addition, Public Works may temporarily need to restrict parking on these streets on an as-needed basis for snow removal.
- Daytime parking permits do not allow residents to park in areas designated as no parking zones, any areas where parking is not allowed by State law or by specific reference in the Traffic Code, or any metered zone areas.
- Daytime parking permits do not allow overnight parking. Please see the overnight parking tab to the left.
- E Beaumont Avenue (N Lake Drive to N Shore Drive)
- N Lydell Avenue (5500, 5600 blocks)
- N Bay Ridge Avenue (5500 block, west side of 5600 block)
- N Kent Avenue (5500 block)
- N Shoreland Avenue (5500 block)
- N Santa Monica Boulevard (5500, 5600 blocks)
- N Berkeley Boulevard (550 block)
- N Diversey Boulevard (550 block)
- N Hollywood Avenue (5500 block)
- N Consaul Place (from E Beaumont Avenue to E Lake View Avenue)
- W Lake View Avenue
- E Lake View Avenue (from N Santa Monica Boulevard to N Lake Drive)
- E Beaumont Avenue (north side from N Santa Monica Boulevard to the alley approximately 157 feet easterly)
- E Colfax Place (north side from N Woodruff Avenue to a point 30 feet west of the west curb line of N Marlborough Drive extended)
- N Ardmore Avenue (4900 block)
- N Wildwood Avenue (4900 block)
- East Carlisle Avenue (from North Santa Monica Boulevard to North Lake Drive.)
- East side of N Ardmore Avenue (5000 block)
- North Cramer Street (4500 block, east side)
- North Palisades Road
A Downtown Silver Spring Drive Parking Map can be found by clicking the following link: Silver Spring Parking Map.
Village Initiated Construction: The Department of Public Works issues construction parking permits to Village residents for Village initiated projects such as road and sewer construction on an as-needed basis.
The permit is not a free pass for parking anywhere in the business district. It only authorizes parking in designated long-term lots or metered areas before 10 a.m. Any outstanding meter fees must be paid in conjunction with the permit. The permit must be displayed at all times.
Click here to view a Silver Spring Parking Map. Long-term (10-hour) parking is limited to the following locations :
- The north side of E Silver Spring Drive. from N Santa Monica Boulevard to N Bay Ridge Avenue
- The west Beaumont Place Public Parking Garage (rear of the Fox Bay Building)
- The north side of E Beaumont Avenue from N Consaul Place to N Santa Monica Boulevard